This is an official version.

Copyright © 2006: Queen’s Printer,
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Important Information
(Includes details about the availability of printed and electronic versions of the Statutes.)

Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996


CONSOLIDATED NEWFOUNDLAND REGULATION 1038/96

CONSOLIDATED NEWFOUNDLAND REGULATION 1038/96

Catamaran Provincial Park Proclamation
under the
Provincial Parks Act
(O.C. 96-189)

Under the authority of section 4 of the Provincial Parks Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council proclaims the area described in the Schedule to be a provincial park.

                   The Catamaran Provincial Park Proclamation, Newfoundland Regulation 50/81, is repealed.


Schedule

All that piece or parcel of land situate and being at Joe's Lake in the province, abutted and bounded as follows, that is to say:

Beginning at a point in the easterly limit of the Trans Canada Highway, 60.96 metres wide, extending between South Brook and Badger, that point being distant 2,250.362 metres as measured on a bearing of north 6° 14' 35" west from Control Monument No. 76G2345;

Then running along the easterly limit of the Trans Canada Highway north 38° 16' 40" west 118.490 metres, and then north 38° 03' 20" west 479.547 metres, and then north 37° 40" west 130.382 metres, and then north 25° 51' 20" west 132.857 metres, and then north 11° 03' 20" west 157.584 metres, and then north 3° 42' 20" east 124.601 metres, and then north 16° 23' 20" east 120.443 metres, and then north 25° 14' east 126.282 metres, and then north 25° 42' 40" east 248.479 metres, more or less;

Then following the sinuosities of the westerly shoreline of Joe's Lake at low water mark in a general southeasterly direction to a point being distant 1,267.605 metres, more or less, as measured on a bearing of south 19° 40' east from the last mentioned point;

Then running by Crown land and by granted land north 88° 39' 20" west 37.898 metres, more or less;

Then running along the easterly limit of the old highway, 20 metres wide, to a point being distant 105.136 metres as measured on a bearing of south 23° 43' 20" west from the last mentioned point;

Then running by leased and granted Crown land south 5° 58' 20" west 138.674 metres, more or less, to the point of beginning and containing an area of 41.569 hectares, more or less.

All bearings being referred to the meridian of 56° west longitude of the 3° Transverse Mercator Projection.

50/81