This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996
Health and Safety Electrical and Fisheries
Under the authority of section 65 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
2. Committees established
3. Purpose of Electrical Advisory Committee
4. Purpose of Fisheries Advisory Committee
5. Composition of committees
6. Service of members
7. Reporting by committees
8. Meeting and procedure of committees
9. Remuneration of members
1. These regulations may be cited as the Occupational Health and Safety Electrical and Fisheries Advisory Committees Regulations.
2. There are established 2 committees, namely, the Electrical Advisory Committee and the Fisheries Advisory Committee.
Purpose of Electrical Advisory Committee
3. The Electrical Advisory Committee is established to advise the minister on proposed amendments to the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I, the safe use of electricity, and generally on other matters that may be requested by the minister.
Purpose of Fisheries Advisory Committee
4. The Fisheries Advisory Committee is established to advise the minister on matters relating to occupational health and safety programs in the inshore and deep sea fishery.
Composition of committees
5. The committees shall consist of persons that the minister may appoint.
Service of members
6. The persons appointed under section 5 shall serve on these committees during pleasure.
Reporting by committees
7. The committees established in this regulation shall report on their findings to the minister through the Occupational Health and Safety Advisory Council.
Meeting and procedure of committees
8. The committees established in this regulation shall meet at the call of the chairpersons and the chairpersons shall determine the procedures to be followed at meetings of the committees.
Remuneration of members
9. Members of the committees other than employees of government may be paid the remuneration that the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council may establish.
10. The Occupational Health and Safety (Electrical
and Fisheries Advisory Committees) Regulations,
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer