This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996
of Milk Regulations
Under the authority of paragraph 5(h) of the Newfoundland Milk Marketing Scheme, the Natural Products Marketing Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
2. Licence required
3. Producer to be licensed
5. Licence not transferable
6. Expiry of licence
7. Licence suspension, revocation or refusal
1. These regulations may be cited as the Transportation of Milk Regulations.
2. A person shall not directly or indirectly engage in the business of transporting milk unless the person is the holder of a valid licence issued by the board.
Producer to be licensed
3. A person who is licensed to engage in the transportation of milk shall not directly or indirectly receive milk from a producer who is not the holder of a producers licence issued by the board.
4. The fees for granting or renewing a licence shall be prescribed by the minister.
Licence not transferable
5. A licence issued by the board shall not be transferable.
Expiry of licence
6. A licence issued by the board shall expire on December 31 of the year for which it was issued.
Licence suspension, revocation or refusal
7. The board may suspend or revoke or refuse to issue or renew a licence for failure to observe, perform or carry out the provisions of the Newfoundland Milk Marketing Scheme or an order or directive of the board.
8. The Newfoundland Milk Marketing Board Transportation of Milk Regulations, 1983, Newfoundland Regulation 87/83, are repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer