This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1993
AN ACT TO AMEND THE FINANCIAL
(Assented to June 18, 1993)
1. S.6 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSN 1990 cF-9 as amended
1. (1) Subsection 6(1) of the Financial Corporations Capital Tax Act is amended by striking out the comma and the word and figure "less $500,000".
(2) Subsection 6(2) of the Act is amended by striking out the word and figure "less $500,000".
(3) Section 6 is further amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) For the purpose of subsection (1) or (2), where the aggregate paid-up capital of a corporation is $10 million or less, the taxable paid-up capital of that corporation is its aggregate paid-up capital less $5 million.
2. This Act shall be considered to have come into force on November 1, 1992 but shall not apply to a corporation until the beginning of its next fiscal year after October 31, 1992.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer