This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1994
AN ACT TO AMEND THE DEPARTMENT OF WORKS, SERVICES AND TRANSPORTATION ACT (NO.2)
(Assented to December 16, 1994)
1. S.81.1 Added
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSN1990 cD-20 as amended
1. The Department of Works, Services and Transportation Act is amended by adding immediately after section 81 the following:
81.1 (1) The minister may issue to a person who applies for one an identification card containing a photograph of the person.
(2) A person who wishes to obtain an identification card shall apply providing the minister with proof of identification and of age and the other information which the minister may require and shall pay the fee set by the minister.
(3) An identification card issued under this section shall be valid for and shall be accepted for all purposes for which proof of identification is required under an Act or for another lawful purpose.
(4) An identification card issued under this section shall expire on the date shown on the card.
(5) A person who
(a) alters, defaces or otherwise changes an identification card issued under this section; or
(b) gives a false or fictitious name or gives a false address or other false or fictitious information in an application for an identification card issued under this section
is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of $90.00.
(6) A driver's licence issued by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles under section 46 of the Highway Traffic Act which contains a photograph of the person to whom it was issued shall be valid and acceptable for all purposes for which an identification card issued under this section is valid and acceptable.
(7) An identification card issued under this section is valid for all purposes for which an identification card issued under section 59 of the Liquor Control Act is valid.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer