This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1995
AN ACT TO AMEND THE SMOKE-FREE
(Assented to May 31, 1995)
1. S.2 Amdt.
2. S.4 Amdt.
3. S.9 Amdt.
4. S.10 Amdt.
5. S.12 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Paragraph 2(e) of the Smoke-free Environment Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(e) "food establishment" means a restaurant, snack bar or other place where food is served, prepared, sold or offered for sale whether or not the food establishment is a licensed premises but does not include a grocery store;
2. Subsection 4(3) of the Act is amended by adding immediately after the phrase "total seating area" the words "or other area normally occupied by the public".
3. Subsection 9(1) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Orders by inspectors
9. (1) Where an inspector finds that an employer or owner of a workplace or public place is not complying with section 4, 6 or 7 the inspector may order the employer or owner, or a person whom the inspector believes to be in charge of the workplace or public place, to comply with the provision and may require the order to be carried out immediately or within the period of time that the inspector specifies.
4. Subsection 10(2) of the Act is amended by deleting the word and figure "and 50" and by substituting a comma and the word and figures "50, 51 and 52".
5. Section 12 of the Act is amended by deleting the word "and" at the end of paragraph (b) and by adding the following immediately after paragraph (b):
(b.1) defining a term that is not otherwise defined in the Act;
(b.2) exempting buildings or parts of buildings from the application of this Act; and
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer