This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1996
AN ACT TO AMEND THE CITY OF ST. JOHN'S ACT
(Assented to December 19, 1996)
1. S.9 Amdt.
2. S.170 Amdt.
3. S.179.1 Added
4. S.284 Rep.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSN1990 cC-17 as amended
1. (1) Subsection 9(1) of the City of St. John's Act is amended by adding the word "or" immediately after the semicolon at the end of paragraph (a), by striking out the semicolon and the word "or" at the end or paragraph (b), and by repealing paragraph (c).
(2) Subsection 9(2) of the Act is repealed.
2. Subsection 170(1) of the Act is amended by striking out the word "and" at the end of paragraph (b), by striking out the period at the end of paragraph (c) and substituting a semicolon and the word "and", and by adding the following immediately after paragraph (c):
(d) in respect to winter maintenance of roads and snow clearing, including regulations which
(i) prohibit or control parking during winter months,
(ii) prohibit or control the erection of structures which impede or hinder winter maintenance of roads and snow clearing, and
(iii) prohibit or control the deposits of snow on sidewalks and public roads.
3. The Act is amended by adding the following immediately after section 179:
179.1 The city is not liable for a nuisance.
4. Section 284 of the Act is repealed.
5. Section 4 of this Act shall be considered to have come into force on April 1, 1996.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer