This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1997
AN ACT TO AMEND THE ENVIRONMENTAL
(Assented to December 19, 1997)
1. S.6(3) Added
2. S.41 Added
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSN1990 cE-14 as amended
1. Section 6 of the Environmental Assessment Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) A proponent shall pay the fee that the minister may set with respect to the registration of an undertaking.
2. (1) The Act is amended by adding immediately after section 40 the following:
Recovery of costs
41. A proponent of an undertaking having a projected capital cost greater than $15 million shall pay fees that the minister may set to offset the costs incurred by the Crown with respect to the conduct of an environmental assessment in connection with the undertaking.
(2) This section is considered to have come into force on April 1, 1997 and fees that the minister may set may be set retroactively to April 1, 1997.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer