This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1999
AN ACT TO AMEND THE HUMAN RIGHTS CODE
(Assented to December 14, 1999)
2. S.25 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 21 of the Human Rights Code is amended by adding immediately after subsection (4) the following:
(5) An application for an order under subsection (4) shall be made by way of originating application within 30 days of the receipt by the complainant of notice that the commission has declined to refer the complaint.
2. (1) Subsection 25(1) of the Code is amended by deleting the words "on the recommendation of the minister".
(2) Subsections 25(5) and (6) of the Code are repealed and the following substituted:
(5) The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may terminate the appointment of a member of the panel for cause.
(6) Members of a panel shall be paid at rates fixed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer