This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 2000
AN ACT TO AMEND THE MINERAL ACT
(Assented to May 12, 2000)
1. S.25.2 Added
2. S.27 Amdt.
3. Sch. Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSN 1990 cM-12
1. The Mineral Act is amended by adding immediately after section 25.1 the following:
Conversion to map staked licence
25.2 (1) The holder of a ground staked licence may during the currency of the licence apply to have a map staked licence issued in respect of a full map staked claim within the area included in the ground staked licence on the condition that the holder surrender the area outside the boundaries of the full map staked claims in accordance with sections 25 and 27 of this Act as applicable.
(2) The date of issuance of a new map staked licence shall be considered to be the same as for the original ground staked licence.
2. Section 27 of the Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), when all or part of the land contained within the area of a licence, lease or grant is surrendered or otherwise becomes available for staking, an adjacent fractional map staked claim included in a coterminous map staked licence shall become a full claim, regardless of who holds the map staked licence.
3. (1) Condition 2(1) of the Schedule of the Act is amended by striking out the words "may grant an extension of time but that extension shall" and substituting the words "may grant one or more extensions of time but each extension shall".
(2) Condition 2(1)(a) of the Schedule to the Act is amended by striking out the words "for the next 12 month period".
(3) Condition 2(2) of the Schedule to the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(2) The security deposit referred to in paragraph (1)(d) is given to ensure that the assessment work is completed and, where the work is not completed within the required time and the licensee does not obtain another extension of time, the deposit is forfeit to the Crown.
4. Section 2 of this Act is considered to have come into force on September 1, 1995.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer