This is an official version.
Copyright © 2001: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2001
AN ACT TO AMEND THE LIMITATIONS ACT
(Assented to December 13, 2001)
1. S.8 Amdt.
2. RSNL1990 cF-8 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 8 of the Limitations Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (3) the following:
(4) Notwithstanding paragraph 5(h), paragraph 6(1)(f) or section 22, the Crown is not governed by a limitation period and may bring an action at any time
(a) to recover a fine or other penalty and to recover a fine or penalty imposed by a court or law; or
(b) to enforce an obligation arising from a statute.
RSNL1990 cF-8 Amdt.
2. Section 19 of the Financial Administration Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (6) the following:
(7) Nothing in subsection 8(4) of the Limitations Act affects the authority of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council to remit a duty, tax, toll or fine payable to the Crown under this section.
3. This Act is considered to have come into force on March 31, 1996.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer