This is an official version.
Copyright © 2002: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2002
AN ACT TO AMEND THE HIGHWAY
(Assented to December 19, 2002)
1. S.189 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Subsection 189(8) of the Highway Traffic Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(8) A council shall publish a notice in the Gazette and in at least one newspaper circulating in the municipality stating that it has made regulations under this section and the council shall make the regulations available upon request, without charge.
(9) Regulations made by a council under this section have effect from the date of publication of the notice referred to in subsection (8) in the Gazette or from a later date that may be specified in the regulations.
(10) Regulations made by a council under this section but not published in the Gazette as required by subsection (8) as it read before the passage of subsection (8) at the same time as the passage of this subsection are considered to have had effect for all purposes notwithstanding that they were not published.
(11) Subsection (10) is considered to have come into force on June 22, 1951.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer