This is an official version.
Copyright © 2002: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2002
AN ACT TO AMEND THE TEACHERS' ASSOCIATION ACT
(Assented to December 19, 2002)
1. S.4(b)(i) R&S
2. S.5(1)(g.1) Added
3. Ss.13 & 14 R&S
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Subparagraph 4(b)(i) of the Teachers' Association Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(i) promoting the welfare of teachers in the province by setting up and administering those subsidiary services that the biennial meeting or convention may decide,
2. Subsection 5(1) of the Act is amended by deleting the word "and" at the end of paragraph (g) and by adding immediately after that paragraph the following:
(g.1) in the by-laws establish the number of persons who shall constitute the executive of the association; and
3. Sections 13 and 14 of the Act are repealed and the following substituted:
13. (1) There shall be an executive of the association consisting of the number of members provided for in the by-laws of the association, inclusive of the president and vice-president, and, in addition, the immediate past president shall be, by virtue of the position, an executive member for the year immediately following his or her term of office as president.
(2) The elected members of the executive shall hold office from the last election until the next elected members of the executive have been elected in accordance with this Act and the by-laws.
14. The executive shall meet for the dispatch of business and otherwise regulate their meetings and proceedings as they consider appropriate.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer