This is an official version.
Copyright © 2002: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2002
AN ACT TO AMEND THE FISHING INDUSTRY COLLECTIVE BARGAINING ACT
(Assented to December 19, 2002)
1. S.32.1 Added
2. S.35.1 Amdt.
3. S.35.12 Amdt.
4. Letter previously submitted
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. The Fishing Industry Collective Bargaining Act is amended by adding immediately after section 32 the following:
Labour Relations Act
32.1 (1) Section 90 of the Labour Relations Act shall, with the necessary changes, apply to an arbitration decision awarded under this Act or a collective agreement under this Act with
(a) the words "a trade union" replaced by the word "an association";
(b) the word "employers" replaced by the word "processors"; and
(c) the word "employees" replaced by the word "fishers".
(2) Subsection (1) shall not apply to an arbitration decision made under section 35.7.
2. Paragraph 35.1(b) of the Act is amended by adding immediately before the phrase "a processorsí organization" the words and comma "a processor,".
3. Section 35.12 of the Act is amended by deleting the date "September 1, 2002" and substituting the date "September 1, 2003".
Letter previously submitted
4. A letter signalling the intention of a party to opt out, written and submitted to the minister under the authority of section 35.12 as it read before the coming into force of this Act shall, on the coming into force of this Act, be void and of no force and effect.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer