This is an official version.
Copyright © 2003: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2003
AN ACT FOR GRANTING TO HER MAJESTY CERTAIN SUMS OF MONEY FOR DEFRAYING CERTAIN EXPENSES OF THE PUBLIC SERVICE FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR ENDING MARCH 31, 2004 AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES RELATING TO THE PUBLIC SERVICE
(Assented to May 15, 2003)
1. Short title
2. Further supply 2003-2004
3. Effect of authorization
4. Transfers of funds
MAY IT PLEASE YOUR MAJESTY-
WHEREAS it appears that the sums mentioned are required to defray certain expenses of the Public Service of Newfoundland and Labrador for the financial year ending March 31, 2004 and for other purposes relating to the public service:
MAY IT THEREFORE PLEASE YOUR MAJESTY THAT-
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as the Supply Act, 2003.
Further supply 2003-2004
2. From and out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund there may be issued by the Minister of Finance and President of Treasury Board sums not exceeding $2,324,531,800 in addition to the sum of $1,349,772,200 authorized by the Interim Supply Act, 2003 the aggregate of the sums authorized to be issued under this Act and the Interim Supply Act, 2003 being $3,674,304,000.
Effect of authorization
3. The sums authorized to be issued by this Act as set out in the Schedule shall be paid and applied by the several heads of expenditure in respect of the financial year extending from April 1, 2003 to March 31, 2004 towards defraying the charges and expenses of the Public Service of Newfoundland and Labrador as set out in the Schedule.
Transfers of funds
4. (1) Notwithstanding the Financial Administration Act, the Treasury Board may transfer sums voted within one Head of Expenditure to another Head of Expenditure during the financial year ending March 31, 2004 to facilitate expenditures for Ex-Gratia and Other Payments voted within Consolidated Fund Services.
(2) Notwithstanding the Financial Administration Act, the Treasury Board may transfer sums voted within one Head of Expenditure to another Head of Expenditure during the financial year ending March 31, 2004 to facilitate expenditures for salary and other fee and compensation related increases, pay equity payments, Labrador benefits, workers' compensation costs and group insurance costs voted under Government Personnel Costs within the Department of Finance.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer