This is an official version.
Copyright © 2005: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2005
AN ACT TO AMEND THE EXECUTIVE
(Assented to May 19, 2005)
1. S.10 Amdt.
2. S.11(1) R&S
3. S.16 Rep.
4. S.20 R&S
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 10 of the Executive Council Act is amended by adding immediately after the words "Intergovernmental Affairs Act" the words "and the requirements of the Financial Administration Act".
2. Subsection 11(1) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
11. (1) Subject to the requirements of the Financial Administration Act, a minister may enter into an agreement for the purpose of exercising or discharging his or her powers, functions or duties.
3. Section 16 of the Act is repealed.
4. Section 20 of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Transfer of money
20. (1) Where, under section 17, the duties and functions of a department are transferred to another department, all of the money authorized by an Act of the Legislature to be paid and applied for the purpose of carrying out those duties and functions and remaining unexpended shall, notwithstanding the transfer of those duties and functions, continue to be expended in carrying out those duties and functions.
(2) The Treasury Board shall, following consultation with the Comptroller General of Finance, determine the timing and manner of the transfer of money from one head of expenditure to another consequent on the transfer of duties and functions of one department to another under section 17 taking into consideration the changes required to be made by the comptroller general to the ledger referred to in section 27 of the Financial Administration Act and the time required to make those changes.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer