This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2006
AN ACT TO AMEND THE LIQUOR CONTROL ACT
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSNL1990 cL-18 as amended
1. Section 30 of the Liquor Control Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Effective date of licence
30. (1) A licence becomes effective on the date stated in it as the effective date or, where no effective date is stated, on the date of the issue of the licence.
(2) A licence continues in effect until
(a) cancelled at the request of the licensee; or
(b) suspended or cancelled by the board.
2. Section 48 of the Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) Where, after a period of time that the board may establish, there has been no purchase or sale of wine, beer or spirits under a licence, that licence shall be considered to have lapsed and may be cancelled by the board.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer