This is an official version.
Copyright © 2010: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2010
AN ACT TO AMEND THE COMMISSIONERS FOR OATHS ACT
(Assented to June 24, 2010)
Ss.14 & 15 Added
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Subsection 2(1) of the Commissioners for Oaths Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Appointments in province
2. (1) The Minister of Justice may appoint a person who is a Canadian citizen or who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada to administer oaths and take and receive affidavits, declarations and affirmations within the province.
2. The Act is amended by adding immediately after section 13 the following:
Minister may set fees
14. The minister may set fees that a commissioner for oaths may charge for exercising a power given to him or her by this Act.
15. (1) A person whose appointment as a commissioner for oaths has expired or whose appointment has been revoked who after the expiry or revocation uses or exercises a power conferred on a commissioner by this Act is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than $500.
(2) A person who holds himself or herself out as a commissioner for oaths without having been appointed as one is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than $500.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer