This is an official version.
Copyright © 2010: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2010
AN ACT TO AMEND THE REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITIES ACT
(Assented to December 16, 2010)
1. Ss.17.1 to 17.3 Added
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. The Regional Health Authorities Act is amended by adding immediately after section 17 the following:
Group purchasing organizations
17.1 (1) An authority, with the prior approval of the minister, may join a group purchasing organization.
(2) An authority that joined a group purchasing organization before this section came into force is considered to have joined with the approval of the minister.
Exemption from Public Tender Act
17.2 (1) An authority is exempt from the Public Tender Act with respect to goods and services that it acquires through a group purchasing organization of which it is a member.
(2) An authority that acquired goods and services through a group purchasing organization before this section came into force is considered to have been exempt from the Public Tender Act with respect to that acquisition.
Report to the minister
17.3 (1) An authority shall report to the minister on its acquisition of goods and services through a group purchasing organization and shall include a summary of contracts entered into and the identities of suppliers to whom the contracts have been awarded every 6 months.
(2) The minister shall make the reports required under subsection (1) public by
(a) presenting them to the House of Assembly; and
(b) other effective means, including electronically.
(3) Section 19.1 of the House of Assembly Act applies to a report referred to in subsection (2) as if it were a report of an officer of the House of Assembly.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer