This is an official version.
Copyright © 2012: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2012
AN ACT TO AMEND THE FAMILY VIOLENCE PROTECTION ACT
(Assented to June 27, 2012)
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. (1) Paragraph 2(d) of the Family Violence Protection Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(d) "court", except as otherwise
provided, means the Provincial Court of Newfoundland and
(2) Paragraph 2(g) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(g) "judge", except as otherwise
provided, means a
2. Section 9 of the Act is amended by renumbering it as subsection 9(1) and by adding immediately after that subsection the following:
(2) Every emergency protection order shall contain a provision that advises the applicant and the respondent that each has the right to make an application under section 12.1.
3. The Act is amended by adding immediately after section 12 the following:
12.1 (1) With leave of a judge of the Court of Appeal, an appeal from an order made under this Act may be made to the Court of Appeal on a question of law or jurisdiction.
(2) Unless a judge of the Court of Appeal orders otherwise, an appeal does not operate as a stay of the order.