This is an official version.
Copyright © 2015: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2015
AN ACT TO AMEND THE REVENUE ADMINISTRATION ACT
(Assented to June 23, 2015)
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
SNL2009 cR-15.01 as amended
1. The Revenue Administration Act is amended by adding immediately after section 98 the following:
Rebate of tax,
98.1 (1) Notwithstanding paragraphs 98(1)(a) and (b), cigarettes and tobacco sold by a retailer in and for consumption in
south coast of Labrador extending from the border with the
shall be subject to a rebate of tax which the minister may grant.
(2) A rebate of tax under subsection (1) shall be calculated in accordance with the regulations.
(3) A retailer may apply for a rebate under this section in the manner determined by the minister.
(4) Cigarettes and tobacco which are eligible for a rebate under this section are subject to a quota which shall be calculated in accordance with the regulations and administered in the manner determined by the minister.
(5) For the purpose of this section, "tobacco" means tobacco other than cigarettes and cigars.
(6) Paragraph (1)(c) comes into force on July 1, 2015.
(7) Notwithstanding subsection (3), for the period
of May 1, 2015 to June 30, 2015 the rebate under this section for the town of
2. Section 112 of the Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (1) the following:
(1.1) The minister may make regulations
(a) establishing the amount of the rebate referred to in subsection 98.1(1) and the manner in which that rebate shall be calculated and administered; and
(b) establishing a quota respecting the quantity of cigarettes and tobacco which may be eligible for a rebate under section 98.1 and the manner in which that quota shall be calculated.
3. This Act is considered to have come into force on May 1, 2015.