This is an official version.
Copyright © 2016: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2016
AN ACT TO AMEND THE LABOUR
(Assented to June 7, 2016)
Ss.65.1 & 65.2 Added
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. The Labour Standards Act is amended by adding immediately after section 65 the following:
65.1 (1) The minister shall establish a system to provide information respecting the status of an employer under this Act, and may determine the information that may be provided.
(2) A person may request a clearance certificate from the minister via electronic means.
(3) A request under subsection (2) shall be accompanied by the fee prescribed in subsection (4) and the information required by the minister to identify the employer concerning whom the clearance certificate is requested.
(4) The application fee for processing a clearance certificate is $75.
(5) In this section, "clearance certificate" means a certificate provided by the minister indicating the status of an employer under this Act on the date the certificate is issued.
Fees previously collected
65.2 (1) Notwithstanding subsection 65.1(4), the application fee for processing a clearance certificate from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2016 is $50.
(2) An application fee for processing a clearance certificate which was collected in the time period referred to in subsection (1) is considered to have been validly imposed and collected.
2. This Act comes into force 60 days after the day on which it receives Royal Assent.