This is an official version.
Copyright © 2017: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2017
AN ACT TO AMEND THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS ACT
(Assented to May 31, 2017)
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 3 of the Intergovernmental Affairs Act is repealed and the following substituted:
3. There shall be a secretariat within Executive Council responsible for intergovernmental affairs.
2. Section 4 of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
4. (1) The minister shall direct the administration of the secretariat.
(2) In exercising the powers and discharging the duties conferred or imposed on him or her by this Act, the minister shall act under a style of cause that includes reference to intergovernmental affairs.
3. Subsections 5(1) and (2) of the Act are repealed and the following substituted:
5. (1) The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may appoint, to hold office during pleasure, those deputy ministers and assistant deputy ministers that the Lieutenant-Governor in Council considers necessary for the proper conduct of the business of the secretariat.
(2) The deputy minister shall be the deputy head of the secretariat.