This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Revised Statutes of Newfoundland 1990
AN ACT RESPECTING THE AWARD OF BRAVERY
1. This Act may be cited as the Bravery Award Act.
1984 c26 s1Back to Top
2. In this Act "award" means the Newfoundland and Labrador Bravery Award that is described in the Schedule to this Act.
1984 c26 s2Back to Top
3. The government of the province may present an award to a citizen of the province whose life and safety have been risked while giving assistance to another person.
1984 c26 s3Back to Top
4. (1) The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may appoint a review panel for the purpose of accepting and considering nominations of persons eligible to receive the award.
(2) The review panel shall recommend to the Lieutenant-Governor in Council the names of those persons who are eligible to receive the award.
1984 c26 s4Back to Top
5. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may make regulations to give effect to the purpose of this Act.
1984 c26 s5Back to Top
The award is 5.72 centimetres square and is inscribed and decorated on
(a) the obverse side with a circular inner rim enclosing a stylized drama at sea symbolic of the courageous heritage of Newfoundland and Labrador; and
(b) the reverse side with the words
"Newfoundland and Labrador FOR BRAVERY".
The award is minted in bronze with a gold plated mat finish and suspended from a blue grogram ribbon.
1984 c26 Sch
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer