This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Revised Statutes of Newfoundland 1990
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A PARLIAMENTARY ASSISTANT TO THE PREMIER
1. This Act may be cited as the Parliamentary Assistant Act.
RSN1970 c284 s1Back to Top
Appointment of Parliamentary Assistant
2. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may appoint a member of the House of Assembly to be Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier.
RSN1970 c284 s2Back to Top
3. (1) A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier holds office during pleasure.
(2) A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier stops holding office when he or she stops being a member of the House of Assembly.
RSN1970 c284 s3Back to Top
4. A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier shall assist the Premier in the manner that the Premier directs.
RSN1970 c284 s4Back to Top
5. (1) A Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier shall be paid a salary at an annual rate to be fixed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
(2) The salary referred to in subsection (1) shall be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund in equal monthly instalments.
RSN1970 c284 s5Back to Top
Travelling and other expenses
6. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may make regulations providing for the payment to a Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier of reasonable travelling and other expenses incurred by him or her in the discharge of his or her duties
(a) during a session of the House of Assembly while absent from St. John's; or
(b) while away from his or her ordinary place of residence during a period when the House of Assembly is not in session.
RSN1970 c284 s6
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer