This is an official version.
Copyright © 2010: Queen's Printer,
Local, Personal and Private Statutes
QUEENS COLLEGE CONFERRING OF
AN ACT RESPECTING THE CONFERRING OF TITLES AND DEGREES BY QUEEN'S COLLEGE
(Assented to December 21, 1983)
1. Short title
3. Titles and degrees
4. Power to confer titles and degrees
5. 1952 No. 26 Rep.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as The Queens College Conferring of Degrees Act, 1983.
1983 c40 s1
2. In this Act
(a) "Queen's College" means Queen's College as constituted under The Queen's College Incorporation Act, 1963; and
(b) "Chancellor of Queen's College" means the person who is senior Bishop in office of the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador, the Diocese of Central Newfoundland or the Diocese of Western Newfoundland, as the case may be.
1983 c40 s2
Titles and degrees
3. (1) The Council of Queen's College shall determine the conditions on which the titles of Scholar in Theology and Licentiate in Theology and the Degrees of Bachelor of Divinity, Bachelor of Theology and Master of Divinity shall be granted and the Council shall conduct examinations for the purposes of those titles and degrees.
(2) The Council of Queen's College may, from time to time, determine the conditions on which other titles and degrees in theology may be granted and conduct examinations for the purposes of those titles and degrees.
1983 c40 s3
Power to confer titles and degrees
4. The Chancellor of Queen's College is hereby granted full power and authority from time to time to confer the titles of Scholar in Theology and Licentiate in Theology and the Degrees of Bachelor of Divinity, Bachelor of Theology and Master of Divinity and other titles and degrees in theology pursuant to subsection (2) of section 3 to students of Queen's College.
1983 c40 s4
1952 No.26 Rep.
5. The Queen's College (Conferring of Degrees) Act, 1952 is repealed.
1983 c40 s5