This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Wild Life Regulations (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 7 of the Wild Life Act, the minister, with the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council, makes the following regulations.
Robert C. Thompson
2. PART V.1 Added
1. Paragraph 2(h) of the Wild Life Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(h) "game" includes big game, small game, furbearing animals, coyote and porcupine;
2. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 81 the following:
81.1 (1) The minister may, upon application by a person 16 years of age and over, issue to that person a coyote licence to take coyote by shooting, and the minister may issue a badge to that person to accompany that licence.
(2) The holder of a coyote licence may hunt, take or kill coyote with a centre-fire rifle not greater than .225 calibre or a shotgun using shot size 2 or larger.
(3) The minister may make the licence subject to those terms and conditions that the minister may determine.
(4) The holder of a coyote licence may sell the whole or any part of a coyote taken under that licence.
81.2 (1) The minister may, by order, prescribe an open season for coyote and that order may be made to apply to the whole of the province or to a part of the province that may be specified in the order.
(2) The minister may, by order, set a limit on the number of coyote that may be taken during an open season.
81.3 (1) Unless otherwise permitted in these regulations or in an order made under them, a person who does not hold a valid coyote licence shall not hunt, take or kill coyote.
(2) A person who holds a coyote licence shall not hunt, take or kill coyote unless the person has his or her licence on his or her person and if a badge has been issued to him or her, wears the badge in a conspicuous manner.
(3) A person shall not hunt, take or kill coyote on a Sunday, except in the circumstances described in subsection 107(13).
3. (1) Subsection 107(3) of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after the words "rim-fire rifle" the following "or coyote with a centre-fire rifle not greater than .225 calibre".
(2) Subsection 107(5) of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after the words "rim-fire rifle" the following "or coyote with a centre-fire rifle not greater than .225 calibre".
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer