This is an official version.
Copyright ©2017: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
and Vapour Products Control Regulations
(Filed June 15, 2017)
Under the authority of section 10 of the Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
4. Flavoured tobacco exemptions
1. These regulations may be cited as the Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Regulations.
2. In these regulations "Act" means the Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Act.
3. (1) For the purpose of paragraph 4.5(a) of the Act a sign that lists the types of tobacco, vapour products or non-tobacco shisha for sale and their prices may be displayed in accordance with subsection (2) in a place or premises in which tobacco, vapour products or non-tobacco shisha is sold or offered for sale if the sign complies with the following requirements:
(a) the size of the sign shall not exceed 216 millimetres by 279 millimetres;
(b) the sign shall be white except for its text, which shall be black;
(c) the text on the sign shall not identify or reflect a brand of tobacco, vapour products or non-tobacco shisha or any element of a brand;
(d) the text on the sign shall use only the following words, or an abbreviation or an equivalent in another language, to list the types of tobacco, vapour products or non-tobacco shisha for sale
(iv) smokeless tobacco,
(v) loose tobacco,
(vi) vapour products,
(vii) non-tobacco shisha,
(viii) electronic cigarette, and
(e) the text on the sign shall include the price range for the types of tobacco, vapour products or non-tobacco shisha for sale; and
(f) the sign shall not include color, graphics, pictures, logos or other illustration.
(2) In a place or premises in which tobacco, vapour products or non-tobacco shisha is sold or offered for sale a sign that meets the requirements of subsection (1) may be displayed however
(a) no more than 3 signs in total may be displayed in the vendor's place or premises and of the 3 only one sign may be displayed at any till; and
Flavoured tobacco exemptions
4. The following types and flavours of tobacco are exempted from the definition of "flavoured tobacco" in the Act:
(a) a cigar that
(i) has a retail price of $4 or more,
(ii) weighs 5 grams or more, and
(iii) has a wine, port, rum or whisky flavour; and
(b) pipe tobacco that has a wine, port, rum or whisky flavour.
5. The Tobacco Control Regulations, Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 119/09, are repealed.
6. These regulations come into force on July 1, 2017.