This is an official version.
Copyright © 2001: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2001
AN ACT TO AMEND THE LANDS ACT
(Assented to December 13, 2001)
1. S.5 Amdt.
2. S.17 Amdt.
3. S.39 Amdt.
4. S.55 R&S
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 5 of the Lands Act is amended by deleting the word "grant" and substituting the word "issue".
2. Subsection 17(2) of the Act is amended by deleting the word "granted" the second time that it occurs and substituting the word "issued".
3. Subsection 39(1) of the Act is amended by adding immediately after the word "Court" a comma and the words "the Provincial Court and another court of competent jurisdiction".
4. Section 55 of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Lands reconveyed to Crown
55. Where lands leased, granted, licensed or disposed of under Part I or a predecessor Act or transferred under this Part or a predecessor Act are conveyed to and vested in or transferred to or acquired by the minister, those lands shall be considered to be Crown lands and may be granted, leased, licensed, transferred, disposed of or dealt with under Part I or this Part in the same manner as other lands to which Part I or this Part applies.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer