This is an official version.
Copyright © 2001: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2001
AN ACT RESPECTING THE NAME OF THE PROVINCE
(Assented to December 6, 2001)
1. Short title
2. Reference to Newfoundland
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as the Newfoundland and Labrador Act.
Reference to Newfoundland
2. An Act that contains a reference to "Newfoundland" is amended to refer to "Newfoundland and Labrador".
3. Section 2 does not apply to
(a) the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary;
(b) an Act relating to the Memorial University of Newfoundland, its pension plan or the foundation; or
(c) an Act incorporating a professional or occupational group that includes the name "Newfoundland" in its title.
4. This Act comes into force on the day the Constitution Amendment, 2001 (Newfoundland and Labrador) comes into force.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer