This is an official version.
Copyright © 2012: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2012
AN ACT TO AMEND THE ASSESSMENT ACT, 2006
(Assented to June 27, 2012)
2. S.18 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 17 of the Assessment Act, 2006 is amended by adding immediately after subsection (4) the following:
(5) Except as provided in subsection 18(3), this section does not apply to special purpose property.
2. Paragraph 18(1)(b) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(b) "special purpose property" means real property which is identified or classified as special purpose property in the regulations.
3. The Act is amended by adding immediately after section 45 the following:
45.1 The Lieutenant-Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) respecting real property which, individually or collectively, shall be identified or classified as special purpose property for the purpose of section 18; and
(b) generally, to give effect to the purpose of this Act.
4. This Act shall come into force on September 1, 2012.