This is an official version.
Copyright © 2017: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2017
AN ACT TO AMEND THE FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION ACT NO. 3
(Assented to March 21, 2017)
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSNL1990 cF-8 as amended
1. Section 9 of the Financial Administration Act is amended by deleting the word "and" at the end of paragraph (c) and by adding immediately after paragraph (c) the following:
(c.1) prescribing the requirements for funds to be granted in a subsequent fiscal year; and
2. (1) Section 26 of the Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (4) the following:
(4.1) Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council may, on the written recommendation of the board, authorize an agreement to be entered into for funds to be granted in a subsequent fiscal year where the requirements prescribed in the regulations are satisfied.
(2) Subsection 26(5) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(5) Where the Lieutenant-Governor in Council authorizes an agreement under subsection (4) or (4.1), all relevant documents, including the amount involved and the reasons for the agreement, shall be
(a) tabled in the House of Assembly within 3 days of the authorization or where the House of Assembly is not then sitting, on one of the first 15 days that the House of Assembly is next sitting; and
(b) included in the estimates of expenditure submitted to the House of Assembly for the fiscal year in which the payment is due.
3. This Act comes into force on a day to be proclaimed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.