This is an official version.
Copyright © 2018: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2018
AN ACT TO AMEND THE STATUS OF WOMEN ADVISORY COUNCIL ACT
2. S.4 Amdt.
3. S.8 Amdt.
4. S.9 R&S
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 1.1 of the Status of Women Advisory Council Act is repealed and the following substituted:
1.1 In this Act
(a) "advisory council" means the
Provincial Advisory Council on the Status of Women -
(b) "member" means a person appointed under subsection 4(1) and the president;
(c) "minister" means the minister designated by order of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council to be the minister responsible for the status of women; and
(d) "president" means the person appointed under section 8.
2. (1) Subsection 4(1) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
4. (1) The advisory council shall consist of the president and 10 persons appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council.
(2) Subsection 4(4) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(4) A member whose term of office has expired shall continue to be a member until a successor is appointed.
3. Subsection 8(1) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
8. (1) The Lieutenant-Governor in Council shall appoint a person to be the president of the advisory council.
4. Section 9 of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
9. (1) The Lieutenant-Governor in Council shall appoint a vice-president from the persons appointed under subsection 4(1).
(2) Where the president is unable to exercise the powers and duties of president, the vice-president shall act in place of the president and subsection 8(3) applies to the vice-president as may be appropriate in the circumstances.