This is an official version.
Copyright © 2018: Queens Printer,
Department of Finance Notice, 2003
(Filed July 18, 2003)
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act , the Lieutenant-Governor in Council gives the following Notice.
1. This Notice may be cited as the Department of Finance Notice, 2003 .
2. In this Notice
(a) "department" means the Department of Finance; and
(b) "minister" means the Minister of Finance.
Departmental structure confirmed
3. (1) The departmental structure is confirmed by Order in Council 2003-366.
(2) The department has three branches, as follows:
(a) Debt Management and Pensions Administration;
(b) Taxation and Fiscal Policy; and
(c) Economics and Statistics.
(3) The department is presided over by the minister.
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to
(a) economic policy and statistics;
(b) debt management;
(c) administration of pensions and employee benefits;
(d) tax policy and administration of tax statutes;
(e) Federal/Provincial fiscal arrangements;
(f) project analysis; and
(g) the administration of the Acts set out in the Schedule and of all orders and regulations passed or made under those Acts, including those powers, functions or duties necessary or desirable for carrying out the purpose of those Acts,
which are not, or in so far as they are not, the responsibility of another minister, agency, body, corporation, board, organization or person.
5. The Department of Finance Notice, Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 61/96, is repealed.
1. Crown Guarantee and Loan Act
2. Crown Royalties Act
3. Financial Administration Act (with Executive Council)
4. Financial Corporations Capital Tax Act
5. Gasoline Tax Act
6. Government Money Purchase Pension Plan Act
7. Government-Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited Agreements Acts
8. Health and Post-Secondary Education Tax Act
9. Horse Racing Regulation and Tax Act
10. Income Tax Act, 2000
11. Industrial Development Corporation Act
12. Insurance Companies Tax Act
14. Liquor Control Act
15. Liquor Corporation Act
17. Loan Act
18. Loan and Guarantee Act,1957
19. Local Authority Guarantee Act, 1957
20. Lotteries Act
21. Medical Association Agreement Act
22. Members of the House of Assembly Pensions Act
23. Mining and Mineral Rights Tax Act, 2002
24. Municipal Financing Corporation Act
25. Offshore Area Corporate Income Tax Act
26. Pension Contributions Reduction Act
27. Pensions Funding Act
28. Pippy Park Commission Act
29. Portability of Pensions Act
30. Public Service Pensions Act, 1991
31. Retail Sales Tax Act
32. School Tax Authorities Winding Up Act
33. Services Charges Act
34. Statistics Agency Act
35. Stock Savings Tax Credit Act
36. Supply Acts
37. Tax Agreement Act
38. Taxation of Utilities and Cable Television Companies Act (with Municipal and Provincial Affairs)
39. Teachers’ Pensions Act
40. Tobacco Tax Act
41. Uniformed Services Pensions Act, 1991
42. Venture Capital Act
43. War Service Pensions Act