This is an official version.
Copyright © 2018: Queens Printer,
Management of Greenhouse Gas Administrative Penalty Regulations
(Filed July 27 , 2017)
Under the authority of paragraph 30(1)(m) of the Management of Greenhouse Gas Act , the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. These regulations may be cited as the Management of Greenhouse Gas Administrative Penalty Regulations .
2. Where a person contravenes one or more of the following provisions of the Management of Greenhouse Gas Reporting Regulations , the minister may order that person to pay to the government of the province an administrative penalty of not less than $1,500 and not more than $7,500 for each day or part of a day the contravention occurs or continues to occur:
(a) subsection 7(1);
(b) subsection 7(5);
(c) subsection 7(6);
(d) subsection 7(8);
(e) subsection 8(1);
(f) subsection 8(3);
(g) section 9;
(h) subsection 10(4);
(i) subsection 10(5);
(j) subsection 18(2);
(k) subsection 18(3);
(l) section 19;
(m) subsection 20(3);
(n) subsection 20(4);
(o) subsection 21(4);
(p) subsection 21(5); and
(q) subsection 22(2).
3. In determining the amount of the administrative penalty under section 2 the minister shall consider
(a) the severity of the contravention;
(b) the degree of wilfulness or negligence in the contravention;
(c) whether there was any mitigation relating to the contravention;
(d) whether steps were taken to prevent reoccurrence after the contravention;
(d) whether the industrial facility has a history of non-compliance; and
(e) any other factors the minister considers relevant.
4. (1) Where the minister orders a person to pay an administrative penalty under these regulations, he or she shall give written notice to that person.
(2) A notice under subsection (1) shall include
(a) the name of the person required to pay the administrative penalty;
(b) the basis on which the administrative penalty was ordered; and
(c) the address for payment of the administrative penalty.
(3) Notice under these regulations shall be given
(a) to a person other than a corporation, by
(i) personal delivery,
(ii) registered mail or other mail delivery which produces a receipt or other proof of delivery, to the last known address of the person, or
(iii) fascimile telecommunication or other electronic communication; and
(b) to a corporation, by
(i) personal delivery to a director or chief executive officer of the corporation, or
5. An administrative penalty imposed under these regulations shall be payable within 60 days from the date of the service of the notice.