This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Marble Mountain Special Management Area Regulations
Under the authority of subsection 57(1) of the Lands Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act , the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. These regulations may be cited as the Marble Mountain Special Management Area Regulations .
2. In these regulations "minister" means the minister appointed under the Executive Council Act to administer these regulations.
3. These regulations apply generally throughout the Marble Mountain Special Management Area .
Conflicting action prohibited
4. All public authorities and all other persons, corporations, partnerships, associations or other organizations are prohibited from taking any action or undertaking any development that conflicts with or is inconsistent with the Marble Mountain Special Management Area Plan.
5. Unless otherwise approved in writing by the minister, the following activities are prohibited in the Marble Mountain Special Management Area :
(a) the conveying, leasing or licensing of lands, whether privately owned or not, or the conveyance of other rights in respect of those lands;
(b) the erection, construction or placing of a building, structure or thing, on or above those lands; or
(c) the application of those lands for agricultural, commercial, industrial, recreational, residential or other purposes.
6. The Marble Mountain Special Management Area Regulations, 1993, Newfoundland Regulation 139/93, are repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer