This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1996
Parking Ticket Regulations
(Filed January 30, 1996)
Under the authority of the Jury Act, 1991, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
2. Sheriff as agent
3. Submission and cancellation of ticket
4. Certificate of withdrawal
5. Signature of sheriff
6. Submission of certificate of withdrawal
8. Sheriff's appearance not required
1. These regulations may be cited as the Juror's Parking Ticket Regulations.
Sheriff as agent
2. For the purposes of these regulations, the sheriff is an agent of the Attorney General.
Submission and cancellation of ticket
3. (1) Where a person who has been summoned for jury duty or is serving on a jury is issued, because of answering the summons or serving on the jury, a parking ticket as a result of the expiry of a parking meter, the parking ticket may be submitted to the office of the sheriff for cancellation.
(2) Where a parking ticket referred to in
subsection (1) is not submitted to the office of the sheriff for cancellation
at least 24 hours before the date appearing on the parking ticket for the
Certificate of withdrawal
4. On receipt of a parking ticket under subsection 3(1), the sheriff shall complete the certificate of withdrawal.
Signature of sheriff
5. The signature of the sheriff may be mechanically reproduced on the certificate of withdrawal and the certificate of withdrawal is as valid as if the sheriff had actually signed it.
Submission of certificate of withdrawal
6. The certificate of withdrawal shall be
submitted to the
7. A certificate of withdrawal signed or purporting to be signed by the sheriff shall be admissible in evidence without proof of the signature of the sheriff and the contents of the certificate of withdrawal shall be, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, evidence of the facts stated on it.
Sheriff's appearance not required
8. It is not necessary for the sheriff to appear
before the judge of the
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer