This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1996
for Assessment Services Regulations
Under the authority of section 9 of the Assessment Act, I make the following regulations.
Arthur D. Reid
1. Short title
2. Application of regulations
3. Fee formula
5. Payment of fee for service
1. These regulations may be cited as the Fee for Assessment Services Regulations.
Application of regulations
2. These regulations apply to a town, community or region established or continued under the Municipalities Act and the City of Corner Brook and the City of Mount Pearl.
3. Where an assessor employed within the Department of Municipal and Provincial Affairs provides assessment services to a municipality covered by these regulations, that municipality shall pay a fee for those services in accordance with the following formula:
Fee = 0.0002 x total taxable value of the assessment roll, that amount to be not less than $10.50 per parcel entered on the assessment roll
4. For the purpose of calculating the fee, "assessment roll" means the annual assessment roll which was effective on January 1 in the year following which the fee for service was invoiced by the Department of Municipal and Provincial Affairs.
Payment of fee for service
5. The fee for service shall be paid on or before March 31 in the year for which the assessment roll is effective for taxation purposes.
6. The Fee for Assessment Services Regulations, Newfoundland Regulation 121/94, are repealed.
7. These regulations expire on
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer