This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1996
of Municipal and Provincial Affairs Notice
(Filed July 10, 1996)
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act, the Clerk of the Executive Council gives the following Notice.
1. Short title
3. Department restructured and reconstituted
4. Powers and duties of the minister
5. Minister is Registrar General
1. This Notice may be cited as the Department of Municipal and Provincial Affairs Notice.
2. In this Notice
(a) "department" means the Department of Municipal and Provincial Affairs; and
(b) "minister" means the Minister of Municipal and Provincial Affairs.
Department restructured and reconstituted
3. The department is restructured and reconstituted by Order in Council 96‑314 and is presided over by the minister.
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to
(a) provincial affairs;
(b) municipal affairs;
(c) local government;
(e) urban and rural planning and development;
(f) the operation of waterworks as set out in the Municipal Affairs Act; and
(g) the administration of the Acts set out in the Schedule and of all orders and regulations passed or made under those Acts, including those powers, functions or duties necessary or desirable for carrying out the purpose of those Acts,
which are not, or in so far as they are not, the responsibility of another minister, agency, body, corporation, board, organization or person.
Minister is Registrar General
5. (1) The minister is appointed the Registrar General under subsection 4(2) of the Executive Council Act.
(2) The minister has the powers, duties and functions of the Registrar General under subsection 4(3) of the Executive Council Act.
1. Assessment Act
2. Avian Emblem Act
3. Building Standards Act
4. City of
5. City of
6. City of
7. Coat of Arms Act
8. Commemoration Day Act
9. Crown Corporations Local Taxation Act
10. Emergency Measures Act
11. Evacuated Communities Act
12. Family Homes Expropriation Act
13. Fire Prevention Act, 1991 (with Government Services and Lands)
14. Floral Emblem Act
15. Housing Act
16. Housing Association Loans Act
17. Housing Corporation Act
19. Mineral Emblem Act
20. Municipal Affairs Act
21. Municipalities Act
22. Provincial Anthem Act
23. Provincial Flag Act
24. Regional Service Boards Act
25. Remembrance Day Act
28. St. John's Municipal Council Parks Act
30. Standard Time Act
31. Taxation of Utilities and Cable Television Companies Act (with Finance)
32. Urban and Rural Planning Act (with Government Services and Lands)
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer