This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1997
Public Pools Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed May 15, 1997)
Under the authority of section 11 of the Public Health Act, I make the following regulations.
1. Subsection 6(1) of the Public Pools Regulations is amended by deleting the phrase "or another officer".
2. Paragraph 8(g) of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after the word "cover" the phrase "to prevent accidental entrapment of bathers".
3. Subsection 10(10) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(10) A deck along the egress side of a receiving pool shall have non-slip surfaces and be sloped away from the receiving pool to drainage or to deck drains and a deck at the entrance to the top of a water slide flume shall be non-slip and drained in a similar manner.
4. Section 12 of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
12. (1) Where disinfecting of water is provided by means of compressed gas, the gas storage room and equipment shall comply with these regulations.
(2) So far as practicable, the gas storage room shall be located wholly above ground level with an exit door leading directly to the open air, and the walls shall contain screened openings to the open air at floor and ceiling levels.
(3) The gas storage room shall be provided with emergency mechanical ventilation having sufficient capacity to produce 30 air changes per hour by means of suction at floor level and that ventilation system shall discharge directly to the open air.
(4) There shall be provided for use by a person operating the gas equipment a satisfactory self-contained or air supplied respiratory protective device located immediately outside the area of probable contamination and located within a dust tight cabinet to which access may be obtained without a key.
(5) Gas cylinders shall be anchored, and valve protection hoods shall be kept in place when the cylinder is not connected to the disinfecting equipment.
(6) All disinfecting equipment shall be installed and maintained in good condition and operated by or under the supervision of a responsible and experienced person trained in the operation of disinfection equipment.
5. Subsection 14(2) of the regulations is amended by deleting the phrase "pool surface area" and substituting the phrase "area of the pool surface".
6. (1) Subsection 16(4) of the regulations is amended by adding the word "currently" immediately before the phrase "trained in Emergency First Aid".
(2) Paragraph 16(15)(b) of the regulations is amended by deleting the figure "(11)" and substituting the figure "(14)".
(3) Paragraph 16(15)(c) of the regulations is amended by deleting the phrase "and that sign shall be" and substituting the phrase "with the wording".
(4) Subsection 16(19) of the regulations is amended by deleting the phrase "a modified pool or".
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer