This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 1999
Impaired Mobility Parking
(Filed September 28, 1999)
Under the authority of section 187 of the Highway Traffic Act, I make the following regulations.
2. S.2 Amdt.
3. S.2.1 Added
4. S.3 Amdt.
1. Section 1 of the Designated Impaired Mobility Parking Regulations is amended by deleting the words "Impaired Mobility" and substituting the words "Mobility Impaired".
2. Paragraph 2(b) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(b) "designated mobility impaired parking space" means a parking space of the size required in section 2.1 which is
(i) designated by a sign bearing the international wheelchair logo, or
(ii) a blue painted space which may bear the international wheelchair logo
and which is set aside for motor vehicles used by persons who are mobility impaired;
3. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 2 the following:
Size of parking space
2.1 A designated mobility impaired parking space shall be no less than 3,900 millimetres wide and shall contain at least 1,500 millimetres of access aisle.
4. (1) Subsection 3(1) of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after the word "park" a comma and the words and comma "temporarily or otherwise,".
(2) Section 3 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) A person shall not display a permit which
(a) has expired;
(b) does not contain a valid expiry date; or
(c) is otherwise invalid.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer