This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 2000
Under the authority of section 109 of the Forestry Act, I make the following regulations.
1. Section 10 of the Forest Fire Regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Transportation of volatile flammable substances
10. A container that has been listed and labelled by a national testing laboratory recognized by the fire commissioner shall be used to store or transport gasoline, fuel oil or similar volatile flammable substance on forest land.
2. Subsection 12(1) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
Use of timber harvesting equipment
12. (1) A person shall not use machinery or equipment in the harvesting of timber during the forest fire season unless
(a) the exhaust pipe of that machinery or equipment is fitted in accordance with the manufacturer’s original specifications with muffler and proper screening or baffling devices to prevent the escape of sparks or particles of burnt carbon;
(b) the unit is equipped with a fire extinguisher, containing a minimum of 4.5 kilograms of ABC class dry chemical, listed and labelled by a national testing laboratory recognized by the fire commissioner; and
(c) the unit is kept clean of all debris.
3. Section 15 of the regulations is repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer