This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Newfoundland Regulation 2001
Power Rental Regulations
Under the authority of section 34 of the Crown Lands Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
1. These regulations may be cited as the Water Power Rental Regulations.
2. In these regulations, "water power licence" includes an interim, final and supplementary licence of a water power issued under the Crown Lands Act whether issued alone or in conjunction with a water use authorization issued under the Environment Act.
3. These regulations apply to water power generated under
(a) a water power licence or renewal of a water power licence issued on or after the date these regulations come into effect; and
(b) the water power licences for the
(i) Rattle Brook Hydroelectric Power Generating
Plant at Rattle Brook, located on the northeast edge of the
(ii) Rose Blanche Brook Hydroelectric Power
Generating Plant at Rose Blanche Brook, located on the southwest coast of the
(iv) Tors Cove/Rocky Pond Hydroelectric Power
Generating Plants at Tors Cove Pond and Southern Rocky Pond, located on the
east coast of the
4. (1) The annual rent for a water power licence shall be $0.80 per megawatt hour of power generated.
(2) The annual rental rate in subsection (1) shall be effective from the date of first generation of power, whether it is before or after the date these regulations come into effect.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2), the annual
rent for the water power licence referred to in subparagraph 3(b)(iv) shall be effective from
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer