This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Products Assessment Regulations, 2003
Under the authority of section 23 of the Petroleum Products Act, the Lieutenant Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Deborah E. Fry
1. Short title
2. Annual assessment fee
1. These regulations may be cited as the Petroleum Products Assessment Regulations, 2003.
Annual assessment fee
2. (1) A wholesaler or retailer who refines or brings petroleum products into the province, or receives delivery of petroleum products in the province from a retailer or wholesaler outside the province who does not carry on business in the province, shall pay quarterly to the commissioner an assessment fee on designated petroleum products at the rate of $0.0007 a litre.
(2) The fee imposed under subsection (1) applies whether or not the designated petroleum product is subject to price regulation under the Act.
(3) The quarterly assessment fee shall be based upon the annual volume, divided by 4, of designated petroleum products sold by the wholesaler or retailer in the calendar year previous to the calendar year in which the assessment fee is due to the commissioner.
(4) Payments of the quarterly assessment fee imposed under subsection (1) shall be made in the time and manner that the commissioner may require.
(5) In this section,
(a) "designated petroleum products" means petroleum products other than marine fuel, aviation fuel, and marked diesel; and
(b) "marked diesel" means tax exempt diesel marked in accordance with the Gasoline Tax Act.
3. The Petroleum Products Assessment Regulations, Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 92/01, are repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer