This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
of Environment Notice
Under the authority of section 5 of the Executive Council Act, the Clerk of the Executive Council gives the following Notice.
1. Short title
3. Department and structure confirmed
4. Powers and duties of the minister
1. This Notice may be cited as the Department of Environment Notice.
2. In this Notice
(a) "department" means the Department of Environment; and
(b) "minister" means the Minister of Environment.
Department and structure confirmed
3. (1) The department was created by Order in Council 2001-138 and the departmental structure is confirmed by Order in Council 2003-364 and the department is presided over by the minister.
(2) The department has one branch, the environment branch.
Powers and duties of the minister
4. The powers, functions and duties of the minister include the supervision, control and direction of all matters relating to
(a) the protection, enhancement and conservation of the quality of the natural environment, including water, air and soil quality;
(b) the conservation, development, control, improvement and proper utilization of the water resources of the province; and
(c) the administration of the Acts set out in the Schedule, and all orders and regulations passed or made under those Acts, including those powers, functions or duties necessary or desirable for carrying out the purpose of those Acts,
which are not, or in so far as they are not, the responsibility of another minister, agency, body, corporation, board, organization or person.
5. The Department of Environment and Labour Notice, Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 60/96, is repealed.
1. Environmental Protection Act (with Government Services and Lands)
2. Water Resources Act (with Government Services and Lands)
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer