This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Under the authority of section 3 of the Municipalities Act, 1999 the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following Order.
Robert C. Thompson
1. Short title
2. Town boundaries
3. General election
4. Returning officer
6. Assets and liabilities assumed
7. Towns disincorporated
8. Effective date
Order may be cited as the Town of
towns, settlements and lands situated within the boundaries defined in the
Schedule are amalgamated, annexed and established to be the Town of
The general election for the Town of
(2) The town shall be comprised of the merged
towns of Catalina, Port Union and
(3) The council elected in the
4. (1) Ms. Melinda Mackey shall be appointed as returning officer for conducting the general election.
(2) Ms. Valerie Rogers shall be appointed as the alternate returning officer.
5. (1) The
council which is to have control and management of the Town of
(a) 4 councillors to be elected at large; and
(b) one councillor to be elected in each of the 3 wards.
(2) The mayor of the Town of
Assets and liabilities assumed
assets and liabilities of the Towns of Catalina, Port Union and
7. The following towns are disincorporated and the Orders repealed:
(a) the Town of Catalina, as established in the Town of Catalina Order, Consolidated Newfoundland and Labrador Regulations 123/96;
(b) the Town of Port Union, as established in the Town of Port Union Order, Consolidated Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 377/96; and
(c) the Town of
8. (1) This order shall come into force on January 1, 2005 or the date the amendments to the Municipalities Act, 1999 directed by MC 2004-0169 come into force, whichever date is later.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), for the purpose of electing a town council only, this order shall have effect from the date of publication.
Beginning at a
point on the eastern shoreline of
Then north 87° 59' 49" west, 2,124 metres, more or less, to a high point;
Then north 21° 20' 3" west, 2,178 metres, more or less, to the eastern-most extremity of an unnamed pond;
Then north 2° 55' 35" west, 3,168 metres, more or less, to a point on a brook on the southern shoreline of an unnamed pond, that point being 444 metres, more or less east of the dam on the eastern side of Long Pond;
Then north 36° 28' 57" east, 3,115 metres, more or less, to the northern extremity of Lookout Pond;
Then south 83° 42' 34" east, 1,568 metres, more or less to the eastern extremity of Nolan Pond;
Then south 10° 51' 16" east, 2,144 metres, more or less to Shepherd Point;
Then in a southerly
direction along the sinuosities of the shoreline at high water mark passing
All bearings refer to grid north and as with distances given are subject to approximation as delineated on the 1:50000 National Topographic Mapping.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer