This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Guides Regulations, 1998 (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 7 of the Wild Life Act, the Minister of Environment and Conservation, with the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council, makes the following regulations.
Ss.4 & 5 R&S
1. Sections 4 and 5 of the Guides Regulations, 1998 are repealed and the following substituted:
Application to minister
4. (1) A resident of Canada may apply for registration as a guide by filing with the minister an application in the form set by the minister and providing:
(a) proof of
(i) successful completion of a firearm safety and hunter education course recognized by the minister,
(ii) successful completion of a boating safety course recognized by the minister, and
(iii) a valid emergency first aid certificate; or
(b) proof of successful completion of a guide training program recognized by the minister.
(2) Where an applicant resides outside of the province, the minister may accept proof of successful completion of training that the minister considers equivalent to that required under subsection (1).
5. (1) Where an applicant has provided the information required under section 4, the minister may register the applicant as a guide and issue to him or her a certificate of registration on payment of the fee set by the minister.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), where an applicant was a registered guide at any time prior to the coming into force of this section, the minister may issue a certificate of registration to the applicant on payment of the fee set by the minister.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer