This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Voisey's Bay Special Project Order (Amendment)
Under the authority of section 70 of the Labour Relations Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following Order.
Robert C. Thompson
Ss.6, 7 and 8 R&S
1. Section 2 of the Voisey's Bay Special Project Order is repealed and the following substituted:
Special project declared
is declared that the undertaking with respect to the construction of an open
pit mine and concentrator that will occur at Voisey's Bay,
2. Section 4 of the Order is repealed and the following substituted:
4. The collective agreement entered into between the Voisey's Bay Employers Association Inc. and the Resource Development Trades Council of Newfoundland and Labrador, Schedule A of which relating to the construction of an open pit mine and concentrator at Voisey's Bay became effective September 9, 2002, Schedule B of which relating to the construction of a demonstration facility at Argentia became effective on September 22, 2004, and the entirety of which was confirmed on April 14, 2005, (the "agreement"), is the collective agreement for the purpose of the special project.
3. Sections 6, 7 and 8 of the Order are repealed and the following substituted:
Undertaking Order and Impacts and Benefits Agreements
6. This Order acknowledges that the adjacency principle as referenced in the Voisey's Bay Nickel Company Limited Mine and Mill Undertaking Order ("undertaking order") and the commitments respecting employment made by Voisey's Bay Nickel Company Limited ("VBNC") in the Innu and LIA Impacts and Benefits Agreements, respectively, have application to the portion of the project to which Schedule A applies.
Women's employment plan
7. This Order acknowledges the commitment contained in the undertaking order with respect to the development of a women's employment plan for the portion of the project to which Schedule A applies.
Human resources plan
Order acknowledges those conditions attached to the release from further
environmental assessment that relate to a human resources plan, including a
women's employment plan, for the portion of the project to which Schedule B
applies, contained in the letter of the Minister of Environment to the
President, Voisey's Bay Nickel Company Ltd., dated
How long Order remains in effect
8. This Order remains in effect until construction, including mobilization and demobilization, and pre-operational work, as defined in the agreement, for the project have been completed and the Voisey's Bay Nickel Company Limited, or Inco Limited, whichever is the entity required to issue them, has issued the appropriate certificates of completion to the contractors as defined in the agreement.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer