This is an official version.
Copyright © 2010: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Exempt Gasoline Regulations
(Filed October 12, 2010)
Under the authority of section 108 of the Revenue Administration Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
Dated at St. John’s, October 6, 2010.
1. Short title
3. Tax exemption
4. Designation of business
1. These regulations may be cited as the Tax Exempt Gasoline Regulations.
2. In these Regulations
(a) "approved retail business" means a retail business designated by the minister under section 4; and
(b) "Indian" means an Indian as defined
in the Indian Act (
3. (1) An Indian who is otherwise eligible for tax exemptions under section 87 of the Indian Act (Canada) is exempt from paying tax on gasoline imposed under Part III of the Revenue Administration Act.
(2) The exemption under subsection (1) is only effective if the gasoline is purchased at an approved retail business.
Designation of business
4. (1) The minister may designate a business as an approved retail business for the purpose of subsection 3(2) and that business shall enter into an agreement with the minister setting out the requirements to be complied with for the purposes of the designation.
(2) The minister has the authority to revoke a designation granted under subsection (1) if the agreement is not complied with or for another reason.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer