This is an official version.
Copyright © 2011: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Services Administration Regulations
(Filed July 25, 2011)
Under the authority of section 51 of the Pharmaceutical Services Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
3. Notice of discontinuation of participation in the program
1. These regulations may be cited as the Pharmaceutical Services Administration Regulations.
these regulations, "program" means the
Notice of discontinuation of participation in the program
3. (1) Where a pharmacy that has been issued a provider number under section 16 of the Act intends to discontinue its participation in the program, the pharmacy shall provide notice of that intention by
(a) posting a notice in a conspicuous place in the pharmacy; and
(b) providing written notice to
(i) each beneficiary who has received drugs or related products under the program from that pharmacy within the previous 12 months, and
(ii) the minister.
(2) Notice required under
(a) subsection (1) shall be provided 120 days prior to the pharmacy discontinuing its participation in the program; and
(b) subparagraph (1)(b)(i) shall be provided by mail to the last known address of the beneficiary.
(3) For greater certainty, notice provided under terms and conditions of participation in the program does not satisfy the requirement for notice under this section.
(4) The minister may waive or shorten the period of notice required under subsection (2).